The number one POP song of 1961 was Run Around Sue. This song is part of a lost genre known as "Do Wop". Do Wop began in African American communities, its composed of rhythm, nice beats, and blues. Run around Sue is a song enjoyed by many. The following link is a video of Dion and The Belmonts preforming Run Around Sue
I enjoy listening to the beat in this song! This song is something different then what is repetitively playing on the radio.
How many people out there have heard this song before?
Posted by : Amanda
Personally i've never heard this song before and I doubt many people in our age groups have. My mom hasn't even heard of it! I like how you are doing different types of music than I am used to listening to. The radio plays the same songs over and over again. This most likely won't happen but maybe I will hear of a song from your blog and stop listening to the radio!
ReplyDelete-Danielle Cox
Growing up, I heard a variety of different music from my parents. My father was a huge fan of country, the blues, and Do Wop. I remember saturday mornings with him playing his hundreds of Do Wop casettes and cd's. Run Around Sue was one of my favorites. Once I turned 21, I finally got to go to The Boardy Barn out in Hampton Bays, and to my surprise this was one of the songs they played. Almost everyone there sang along. It surprised me how many people my age knew this song.
ReplyDelete-Katie